Volunteer & Donor Appreciation Dinner
SCCSS honoured those who have generously contributed towards an engaged, healthy and thriving Coast at the Volunteer and Donor Appreciation Dinner on July 12.
Seventy-eight volunteers, donors and guests attended the event held in the Sunshine Coast Community Services Community Garden after the Annual General Meeting.
The evening featured a buffett dinner catered by Nomadic Kitchen, accompanied with music by Randeesh.
It was a festive event to show SCCSS's appreciation for the hardwork, dedication and passion our volunteers and donors demonstrate. With their contribution to an engaged, healthy and thriving Coast:
- 294 pregnant women and new moms were provided with resources, support and opportunities to connect with each other through their first year as parents
- 800 youth connected with outreach workers when they needed somethong to talk to or suppport in accessing local resources
- 174 parents were supported to make the best use of early intervention services to increase their knowledge, and learn skills that will promote the development of their child with special needs
- 1300 community member were provided with nutritious food, access to a nutritionist and support from our Food Bank to help them get back on their feet
- 136 seniors were able to live in their own homes, age with dignity and stay connected with their community
- 106 volunteers donated their time and energy to support Community Services' programs and over 5000 participants on the Coast
- 472 hours of direct service were spent with youth living in care or living on youth agreements to support their transition to independent living
- 25 high school students were trained through the Mentors in Violence program to facilitate discussion with grade eight students to examine attitudes, language and behavior that contribute to gender violence.
There was a comment board posted at the event and these were some of the comments left as to why people give to SCCSS:
- I appreciate the services they provide.
- I love being part of a bigger whole and giving back to a community who welcomed me.
- I like to help and contribute to something I believe in.
- Give me dirt and I grow things.
- It's our community.
We want to say THANK YOU to all our volunteers and donors for all they have done for us.
About the Volunteer Program
Volunteer your time and engage with your local community. Sunshine Coast Community Services relies greatly on the support of our incredible volunteers.
We have a strong volunteer program that will provide you with training, mentorship, and a rewarding work experience.
106 volunteers donated their time and energy to support Community Services' programs and over 5000 participants on the Coast in 2017.
To learn more about our volunteer program or to become a volunteer, CLICK HERE.