At the Community Services Thrift store you can find all sorts of gems!
Your purchase through our Thrift Store will help people all along the Sunshine Coast. For every $50 spent in store:
- An isolated senior will get a friendly visit.
- An at risk youth can get the guidance and information they need.
- A family of 4 can have a nutritious dinner.
- A woman can access a supportive counselling session.
Please contact us directly at 604-886-2811 if you have any questions about an item you would like to donate.
Items we accept as donations
Below is a list of the new and gently used items we accept and sell in our thrift store:
Gently used clothing, footwear, handbags and fashion accessories
Books, records, CDs, DVDs
Small household appliances ie: blenders, coffee-makers
Dinner dishes, mugs, serving dishes, etc.
Family games, puzzles
Housewares, glassware, home decor
Community Services Thrift Store gladly accepts non-perishable donations for the Community Services Food Bank.
Items we DO NOT accept
Due to space limitations and safety regulations we are unable to accept:
- Broken, damaged, dirty, needing repair or otherwise unsalable items
- Furniture or medical equipment
- Bed linen or pillows
- Cribs, high chairs, children’s clothing, children’s toys and books
- Appliances larger than a microwave (please recycle)
- TVs, computers and accessories, electronics, stereos (please recycle)
- Electrical components, cords, pieces and parts (please recycle)
Program Contact Information
Andrea Hobbs, Store Manager
Location & Hours
Thrift Store Location
731 North Road, Gibsons, BC
Store hours starting November 18, 2020:
Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Mondays, Tuesdays, weekends and holidays
- Donations accepted ONLY during store operation hours.
- Two small bag limit of clean, gently used or new items.
- Please wear your mask and follow Covid-19 protocols to enter and enjoy the store experience.
We look forward to seeing you there!