Women’s Outreach Program
This free confidential service aims to increase the safety and well-being of all women who are at risk, including women of colour, First Nations women, lesbian/bi/queer women, trans women and women of differing ages and abilities.
Our support workers can offer information and accompaniment to family court proceedings, advocacy and support with the Ministry of Children and Family Development and other agencies.
You can expect that workers will offer their support without judgment, focusing on what is helpful to you and your children.
What you can expect from the program
Our support workers can offer information and accompaniment to family court proceedings, advocacy and support with the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General and other agencies.
- You can expect support without judgment, focusing on what is helpful to you and your children.
- You can use outreach support for many things including:
- Listening to and believing you
- Support with the legal system
- Advocacy with other services to ensure that your needs are better met
- Transportation and accompaniment to appointments
- Help with life skills (e.g. banking, filling out forms, groceries, budgeting)
- Help finding safe housing
- Referrals to other resources
- Parenting support and information
How you can take part
To set up a time to meet with an Outreach Worker, call 604-741-5246, Monday to Friday, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm. If you need support right now, call Yew Transition House, 24-hour access line: 604-885-2944. If you are at immediate risk, call 911.
This program is funded by the Government of B.C. and by community support.
Program Contact Information
Sunshine Coast Community Services
PO Box 1069, 5638 Inlet Ave.
Sechelt, BC, V0N 3A0