Women’s Outreach Program
This free confidential service aims to increase the safety and well-being of all women who are at risk, including women of colour, First Nations women, lesbian / bi / queer women, trans women and women of differing ages and abilities.
Our support workers can offer information and accompaniment to family court proceedings, advocacy and support with the Ministry of Children and Family Development and other agencies.
You can expect that workers will offer their support without judgment, focusing on what is helpful to you and your children.
What To Expect
You can use outreach support for many things including:
- Listening to and believing you
- Support with the legal system
- Advocacy with other services to ensure that your needs are better met
- Transportation and accompaniment to appointments
- Help with life skills (e.g. banking, filling out forms, groceries, budgeting)
- Help finding safe housing
- Referrals to other resources
- Parenting support and information
To set up a time to meet with an Outreach Worker, call Monday to Friday at 604-741-5246
If you need support right now, call Yew Transition House, 24-hour access line: 604-885-2944
If you are at immediate risk, call 911.