Donate To Community Services
Donate funds that strengthen families, help children, youth and vulnerable adults reach their full potential and support the many seniors on the Coast that need us. Your donation will help sustain and enhance Sunshine Coast Community Services’ core and emerging programs.
By becoming a monthly donor, you can provide Community Services with a consistent level of support for our programs that strengthen families, help children, youth and vulnerable adults reach their full potential.
Our Monthly Donor Program allows you to spread your donations out during the year, providing us with a dependable base of support. Some reasons why you should be a monthly donor- it’s affordable, effective and convenient.
Affordable - You can choose your monthly gift to start as low as 33₵ a day ($10/month). You are welcome to modify your monthly gift at any time and 100% of your donation is eligible for a tax credit.
Effective - Your monthly gift provides us with a dependable base of support that enables us to plan ahead and invest in long-term solutions to meet the specific needs of our community.
Easy - You can choose to make your monthly donation online, by cheque or by automatic deduction from your bank account and you determine the amount of your monthly gift.
Make A Secure Online Donation
Other Ways To Donate
You and your friends, family or club can raise money to support Sunshine Coast Community Services in a variety of ways. One way is to plan an event, large or small in scale where you raise funds. The path to launching a fundraising event typically begins with an idea and plan of action that is presented to Community Services. Charity auctions, 5K walk/run events or trivia nights all make great fundraisers! All events must be approved in advance to ensure cost-efficient, transparent and effective fundraising that fulfill our mission.
Contact us at 604-885-5881 for more information
Planned gifts create opportunities for both Sunshine Coast Community Services and our donors. Including Community Services in your estate plan can help secure the future of our programs while helping you achieve your financial goals.
Determining what gift is right for you is just as important as making the gift. There are many options from which you can choose.
- Bequests (gifts by will or living trust)
- Gift of Life Insurance
- Gift of Retirement Plan
- Personal Property
- Real Estate
Sunshine Coast Community Services accepts ONLY the following items to support our 35 programs:
- Clean bed linens & towels
- New pillows
- Women's clothing
- Men's Clothing
- Children's Clothing
- New, unused shampoo, condition or bodywash bottles
The Community Services Thrift Store (731 North Road, Gibsons) accepts additional items. All proceeds from sales of gently used items at our thrift store goes to support the programs of SCCSS.
For more information on what our thrift store can accept, please CLICK HERE.
Food for the Sunshine Coast Food Bank can be donated at the following locations:
- Sunshine Coast Community Services at 5638 Inlet Ave., Sechelt
- Community Services Thrift Store at 731 North Road, Gibsons
The following items are always in need:
- peanut butter
- spaghetti sauce
- canned fish
- canned meats
- tetra boxed juices
- powdered milk
- canned fruit
- canned vegetables
- canned beans
- macaroni and cheese
- personal care products: soap, shampoo, toilet paper, toothpaste, feminine hygiene products.
Thank you for choosing to support Sunshine Coast Community Services. If you want to make your donation by cheque please make it out to Sunshine Coast Community Services and send to:
Sunshine Coast Community Services Society
5638 Inlet Avenue, Sechelt, BC, V0N 3A0
To make your donation in person please visit our offices at 5638 Inlet Avenue, Sechelt, BC. We can accept donations in the form of cash and cheques.
Your donation can help support Community Services:
- Support pregnant women and new moms adjusting to their new role as parents
- Provide programs in prevention, intervention and support for youth and children with a developmental delay or diagnosed disability.
- Support people whose lives have been impacted by violence and trauma, providing crisis intervention, shelter, counselling, advocacy and non-judgmental emotional and practical support.
- Support families, seniors, adults and children who use the Food Bank to supplement their monthly income
- Support seniors to live in their own homes, age with dignity, and stay connected with their community
- Provide newcomers with the skills, knowledge and support to be successful in Canada
- Provide individual and group counselling for families, children, youth and adults
Our registered charitable business number is 10805 2630 RR0001
Any monetary donation over $20 is eligible for a tax receipt
Many of our programs can benefit from donations of In-Kind gifts. Please contact us at 604-885-5881 to find out what our current needs are.
We respect the privacy rights of all our donors. We do not sell, trade or share our donor's personal or contact information with any other organization.